Are you interested in learning more about yoga? Do you want to deepen your own yoga-practice? Do you need something MORE in your life, but not sure what it is yet?
Teacher Training is for you. Whether you have been doing yoga for years, or you are just starting out on your yoga journey, hungry for knowledge. Whether you plan on teaching or not, a teacher training can be a self-development journey like no other. But don’t just take our word for it…check out this video..
- Teacher Training will teach you about the history, tradition and philosophy of yoga as a science. It will cover topics such as the Eight Limbs, Chakras, and Ayurveda.
- Teacher Training will teach you about the physical alignment of a selected sequence of yoga postures. It will teach you about the muscles and joints involved, what the benefits are, and how to modify for injuries and special populations.
- Teacher Training covers anatomy and exercise science in depth, so that you can keep your students safe through all fases of their lives.
- Teacher Training will help you explore different sides of yourself, physically and mentally. It will help you become more aware of your body and how you act and think.
- Teacher Training will help you “Find your Voice” and story. At NPY, good teachers, are teacher that connect with students, and you can’t connect if you don’t know what your story is, why you’re teaching and WHAT you want to/are trying to teach.
- Teacher Training will teach you how to teach effectively and efficiently. Your verbal cueing will be honed, all with a goal in mind: that you will be the best teacher that YOU can be.
- Teacher Training will teach you to build great class sequences following all the principles of a good and well-rounded Power Yoga Class. Emphasis is also put on sequencing and music.
- You will receive an extensive workbook that is yours to keep so you can take it with you and refer back to it on your yoga journey.
We offer an intensive 200-hour Teacher Training certified by Yoga Alliance. You will be equipped to teach foundational power yoga, you will deepen your practice, you will grow as a human being, you will learn about history, philosophy and the science that yoga really is. You will definitely be challenged physically but also mentally! If you think this is for you, email us at email@example.com or call 99476937.
Start Date: February 2, 2018
Course length: 8 weeks, we meet 8 weekends (Friday 18-22, Saturday 09-14 & Sunday12-18)
Tuition is 28 000- plus a non-refundable deposit of 2500,- to reserve your spot. Payment plans are available.
*Teacher Training requires membership at Norway Power Yoga to fulfill class number requirement of certification.
If you are interested but have special considerations like family responsibility and work, reach out, we can always find a solution!
Lead Trainer: The training is led by studio owner Caroline Herring. She believes in modifying traditional yoga poses to make a greater impact on mobility and movement patterns, as well as engaging more of the “right” muscles to protect and strengthen your joints and make sure you can get a great workout.
She’s an E-RYT 200, YACEP, ACE Certified Personal Trainer, ACE Mind Body Fitness Specialist, and an ACE Sports Conditioning Specialist